New Education Policy 2020-Major Transformational Reforms in Education Sector:
New Education Policy 2020 is announced
- 10+2 board structure is dropped.
- New school structure will be 5+3+3+4
- Upto 5 pre school, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School , 12 on wards Graduation.
- Any Degree will be 4 years.
- 6th std onward vocational courses available.
- From 8th to 11 students can choose subjects.
- All graduation course will have major and minor Example – science student can have Physics as Major and Music as minor also. Any combination he can choose
- All higher education will be governed by only one authority.
- UGC AICTE will be merged.
- All University government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational etc will have same grading and other rules.
- New Teacher Training board will be setup for all kinds of teachers in country, no state can change
- Same level of Accreditation to any collage , based on its rating collage will get autonomous rights and funds.
- New Basic learning program will be created by government for parents to teach children up to 3 years in home and for Pre-school 3 to 6
- Multiple entry and exit from any course
- Credit system for graduation for each year student will get some credits which he can utilize if he takes break in course and come back again to complete course
- All schools exams will be semester wise twice a year
- The syllabus will be reduced to core knowledge of any subject only
- More focus on student practical and application knowledge
- For any graduation course if student complete only one year he will get a basic certificate, if he complete two years then he will get Diploma certificate and if he complete full course then he will get degree certificate. So no year of any student will have wasted if he break the course in between.
- All the graduation course fees of all Universities will be govern by single authority with capping on each course.
Now we can hope our education system will be at par with modern countries and future of our children will be bright.
Major Reforms : School Education:
•New National Curriculum Framework for ECE, School, Teachers and Adult Education
•Board Examination will be Low Stakes, Based on Knowledge Application
•Medium of Instruction till at least Grade 5, and preferably till Grade 8 and beyond in Home Language / Mother tongue/ Regional Language
•360 degree Holistic Progress Card of Child
•Tracking Student Progress for Achieving Learning Outcomes
•National assessment center – PARAKH
•NTA to offer Common Entrance Exam for Admission to HEIs
•National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPST)
•Book Promotion Policy and Digital Libraries
•Transparent online self disclosure for public oversight and accountability