ITR Filing Online for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23)
Income Tax Department has notified 7 various forms up till now i.e. Form ITR 1 to ITR 7 for filing Income Tax Return for different types of income and different types of entities. It is important that every taxpayer should file his/her Income Tax Return on or before the specified due date. In this article, we have mentioned all the Important ITR Filing Due dates for individual, companies, LLPs and Firms, and HUFs for the FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23).
What is ITR Filing??
An Income Tax Return or ITR as we may call it is a form where all the taxpayers has to declare their taxable incomes from all the sources. Not only this but the taxpayer shall also have to mention all the eligible deductions and tax payments if any, in the IT Return Form. Filing of this form with the Income Tax Department is call ITR Filing or Income Tax Return filing. Irrespective of the Accounting Year adopted by a taxpayer, he/she needs to file an Income Tax Return for a particular Financial Year (i.e. April to March).
ITR Filing for Private Limited Company and One Person C ompany
- It is mandatory for every company to file their Income Tax Return irrespective of the amount of income or loss in Form ITR 6 every year.
- However, companies claiming exemption under section 11 are not required to file an Income taxaReturn.
- Also, all the companies are required to file Income Tax Return in Form ITR 7 Under section 139(4A) or 139(4B) or 139 (4C) or 139 (4D).
Due dates for ITR FIling for Companies (Private Limited Companies & OPCs) for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23)
- For the Companies that does not require Audit the due date for ITR Filing for FY 2021-22 is 31st July, 2022.
- The due date for ITR filing for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23) for the companies that require audit is 31st October, 2022.
- The due date for the Tax Audit Report fling is 31st September, 2022.
ITR filing for Limited Liability Partnership
- It is mandatory for every Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) to file an Income Tax Report irrespective of the amount of income or loss in a particular Financial Year in Form ITR 5.
Due dates for ITR FIling for LLPs for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23)
- For the LLPs that does not require Audit the due date for ITR Filing for FY 2021-22 is 31st July, 2022.
- The due date for ITR filing for FY 2021-22 for the LLPs that require audit is 31st October, 2022.
- The due date for the Tax Audit Report fling for LLPs requiring audit is 31st September, 2022.
Income Tax return for Firms and HUF
- Partnership Firms, Sole Proprietorship Firms and HUFs having total income of up to 50 lakhs and having income from the business and profession which is computed under section 44AD, 44DA or 44AE needs to file their Income Tax Return in Form ITR 4.
- The Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs) also needs to file Form ITR 3 and ITR 2 for having and not having income from the profit and gains from the business or profession respectively.
Due dates for ITR FIling for Firms and HUFs for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23)
- The due date for Income Tax return filing for Firms and HUF for FY 2021-22 is 31st July, 2022.
Table showing the Due dates for Income Tax Return and Audit report filing for different categories of taxpayers for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23)
|Category of Taxpayer||Due Date for ITR filing for FY 2021-22||Due date to file audit report for FY 2021-22|
|Businesses (Audit cases including Private Limited Company, OPC, LLPs, and firms)||31st October 2022||30th September, 2022|
|Business (Non-Audit cases including Private Limited Company, OPC, LLPs, and firms)||31st July 2022||–|
|Association of Persons (AOP)||31st July 2022||–|
|Body of Individuals (BOI)||31st July 2022||–|
|Individual||31st July 2022||–|
|Trusts, colleges, political parties (Audit Cases)||31st October 2022||30th September, 2022|
|Trusts, colleges, political parties (Non-Audit Cases)||31st July, 2022||–|
|Report to be filed u/s 92E||31st October 2022||–|
|Furnishing of Income Tax Return in case of Transfer Pricing||30th November, 2022||–|
|Revised Return||31st December, 2022||–|
|Belated/Late Return||31st December, 2022||–|
It is important for the taxpayers in India to make a note of all these due dates for Income Tax Return Filing for the Assessment Year 2022-23 (Financial Year 2021-22). However, the above-mentioned dates are subject to change and extension as and when notified by the Income tax Department of India.