1.This email is addressed to you as it is seen that your email address is registered with DGFT against IEC XXXXXXXXXXX . You are accordingly directed to please take due cognizance of the following instructions on priority.
2. It is submitted that DGFT has mandated all IEC holders to update their Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) yearly between April to June. The IEC not updated within this prescribed period would be de-activated. DGFT has created the following video with simple and easy to understand steps for updation of IEC. This video is also available in Hindi on the DGFT channel.
3. Due care has been taken to not increase any specific compliance burden because of this updation exercise. The given process is automatic. The online process can be completed within 5-10 minutes if all IEC details are correct or within 30 minutes otherwise. Objective of the given exercise is to prune out inactive IECs and incorrect IEC details. The support of all active IEC holders for this limited updation is kindly solicited.
4. IECs not updated within this prescribed period would be de-activated (post January). Subsequently, the firms that wish to re-activate their IEC (post de-activation for non-compliance), would be required to update the IEC. IEC shall be auto re-activated on updation after January.
5. There are various queries received in regard to the authentication process for linking and updating the IEC. In this regard, you may please note that any of the following authentication options may be used on the DGFT Website ?
i. Aadhaar e-sign – Any of the proprietors/partners/directors can use their Aadhaar given that their name and PAN are correctly mentioned under the IEC.
ii. Individual Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) Token – DSC in the name of the proprietors/partners/directors can be used given that their name and PAN are correctly mentioned under the IEC.
iii. Organization-based DSC – DSC in the name of the organization can use given that the firm name of the IEC matches the firm name on the DSC.
iv. IEC-based DSC – DSC with the IEC number embedded in it would also work for linking and updation of IEC.
A Class-II or Class-III DSC used with any other organization such as MCA/Customs/CBDT/GSTN et al. would also work on the DGFT e-Platform.
6. In case you wish to use the Aadhaar e-sign but your name on PAN does not match your Aadhaar, please refer to the following instructions for any suitable corrections – https://uidai.gov.in/292-faqs/your-aadhaar/pan-aadhaar/1955-my-name-is-different-in-pan-and-aadhaar-it-is-not-allowing-me-to-link-both-what-to-do.html.
7. In case of any further issues or requirement for any guidance, please reach out the DGFT Help-desk using the toll-free helpline number or the DGFT Support Email (email@example.com) or the Help-desk ticketing system.
8. You are once again directed to ensure that the IEC is duly updated within the prescribed time.
Looking for IEC updation and DSC contact S.kumar @09902977233 or visit www.saidigitalsignature.com