Whereas, the State Executive Committee (SEC) vide order of even number dated 03-07-2021 has issued guidelines for COVID 19 surveillance, containment and caution which was in force in the State upto 19-07-2021. Subsequently, SEC vide orders of even number dated 18-07-2021, 31-07-2021, 13-08-2021, 30-08-2021, 09-09-2021, 24-09-2021, 08-10-2021, 26-10-2021, 09-11-2021, 24-11-2021, 08-12-2021, and 22-12-2021 has modified the same extended the said guidelines upto 05-01-2022.
Whereas, in view of spread of variant of concern “Omicron” in the Country and State, the State Government proactively enforced additional containment measures vide orders of even number dated 03-12-2021 and 26-12-2021 which will be in place upto 07-01-2022.
Whereas, the COVID 19 situation in the State has been further reviewed on 04-01-2022 and it is found that the State of Karnataka is witnessing alarming rate of increase in the number of patients which is attributed mainly due to Omicron variant. The number of patients are getting doubled in less than 3 days and the number stood at 2053 cases as on 0401-2022.
The Technical Advisory Committee has suggested imposing additional containment measures to contain the spread of infection due to COVID 19 and to continue with focused implementation of the five-fold strategy of test-track-treat-vaccination and adherence to COVID-appropriate behaviour.
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred under the Section 24 (l) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in the capacity of the Chairman, State Executive Committee, hereby issues additional containment measures in addition to the restrictions already in force issued vide orders of even number dated 03-07-2021 and its connecting orders and orders of even number dated 03-12-2021 and 26-12-2021 which will come in to force from 10 pm 05-01-2022 and will remain in force force upto 19-01-2022 (5 am) for strict implementation by Chief Commissioner BBMP, Police Commissioners, Deputy Commissioners, Superintendents of Police, and other Heads of Departments and Authorities.
- Night Curfew will continue to be imposed from 10 pm to 5 am in the entire State as per the existing guidelines.
- All offices will function 5 days a week from Monday to Friday during this period.
- The Government Secretariat will run with official below the rank of Under Secretary at 50% of the working strength.
- There shall be weekend curfew from Friday 10 pm to Monday 5 am in the State as per the guidelines attached.
- The Public transport including BMRCL will operate as per the directions of the Chief Executive of the organization to cater to the needs of people for emergent purposes during the weekend curfew.
- In Bengaluru Urban district, all schools and colleges except, Medical and Para Medical will remain closed with effect from 06-01-2022 except class 10th, 11th and 12th.
- Pubs/clubs/restaurants/bars/hotels/eating places in hotel etc, will function with 50% of the seating capacity strictly adhering to COVID appropriate behaviour and entry to such places will be restricted to fully vaccinated persons.
- Cinema halls/multiplexes/theatres/rangamandiras/auditorium and similar places to operate with 50% of its seating capacity strictly adhering to COVID appropriate behaviour and entry to such places will be restricted to fully vaccinated persons.
- Marriage Functions are permitted to be conducted involving not more than 200 people in open spaces and 100 people in closed places strictly adhering to COVID 19 appropriate behaviour and prevailing guidelines issued by State Government.
- Religious places are allowed to open only for Darshan. No seva, etc, is allowed. Entry of people will be restricted to 50 persons at any given time who are fully vaccinated.
- Malls, shopping complexes, all stand alone shops and establishment shall operate as usual during week days.
- Swimming pools and gyms shall operate at 50% capacity but entry will be restricted to fully vaccinated persons.
- Sports complexes and Stadia are allowed to function with 50% capacity.
- All rallies, dharnas, protests are prohibited.
- There shall be intensive surveillance at the border of Kerala and Maharashtra as per the prevailing circular/guidelines issued by Department of Health and family Welfare, Govt. of Karnataka. The same guidelines are extended to State of Goa. The checks are on all modes of transports that is air, train and road.
Guidelines for weekend curfew:
Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between Friday 8 pm to Monday 5 am, except for essential and emergency activities as mentioned below:
1. All State and Central Government offices and their Autonomous Bodies, Corporations, etc, dealing with emergency, essential services and COVID 19 containment and management duties shall be fully functional and officers/personnel of the same shall be allowed unrestricted movement.
2. All public parks are closed.
3. All the industries including IT industries are exempted from the restriction of curfew and their employees are allowed movement to and fro movement on producing valid ID card issued by their respective organization/institution.
4. Patients and their attendants/persons requiring emergency need, eligible people intending to take vaccination shall be allowed movement with minimal proof.
5. Shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, dairy and milk booths, and animal fodder shall be allowed to function. Street vendors allowed to function. Public Distribution System shops are allowed to function. Home delivery of all items shall be encouraged 24×7 to minimize movement of individuals outside their homes. Operations shall be subject to adhering to National Directives for COVID 19 management.
6. Restaurant and eateries shall be allowed only for take away and home delivery.
7. Movement of trains and air travel are permitted. Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis to and from airports, railway stations and bus terminals/stops/stands is allowed for facilitating movement of passengers by air, rail and road. The movement will be allowed only on displaying valid travel documents/tickets and strictly adhering to COVID appropriate behavior.
8. Marriage Functions are permitted to be conducted involving not more than 200 people in open spaces and 100 people in closed places strictly adhering to COVID 19 appropriate behaviour and prevailing guidelines issued by State Government.