Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is a one stop unified payment system for all the bill payments that empowers the consumers across India to pay their bills anytime and from anywhere through banks, payment gateways, billers, service providers, agents, etc. All the business standards, rules, and procedures for Bharat bill Payment system are set up and regulated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). Moreover, Bharat bill Payment system , the users can make their payments easily through cash, cheques and other electronic modes of payment.
Benefits of BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System):
BBPS provides a number of benefits to its participants such as:
- Bharat Bill Pay has allowed people to pay their bills instantly with ease.
- Transactions carried out through BBPS are safe, reliable and secure.
- Bharat Bill Pay is a smart initiative taken under Digital India and will help to promote cashless transactions in India.
- It will help a user to save time by paying a bill for all his daily needs at one click and under the same window. Now, users are not required to visit individual websites of different billers to pay bills.
- Users can make bill payments related to various categories like electricity bills, telecommunication, DTH recharge, Gas bill, and water bills. It is expected to cover all other categories except prepaid recharges by the end of September 2019.
- BBPS provides instant confirmation of payment to customers via e-mail.
- Receipt of payments made is generated instantly in BBPS.
- Further, Bharat bill Payment system helps the agents or clients to check the details of their bill.
- BBPS has a dispute resolution mechanism that will help to handle all the disputes and conflicts between participants.
- It also has an effective consumer complaint grievance redressal mechanism that will resolve all the complaints and issues of consumers regarding payment of bills. Consumers can easily check their complaint status by using their Compliant ID.
- Users can make the payment through their own bank or through any app, website or branch.
- Also, Bharat bill Payment system facilitates seamless payments of bills.
- Users can verify the status of their Online Transaction by entering the registered mobile number or transaction reference id.
- Bharat bill Payment system facilitates the users to avail the services anytime and during any hours of any day including public holidays.
How Bharat Bill Payment System works?
To enjoy the services offered by Bharat bill Payment system , a customer needs to register with it by visiting the BBPS retail outlet or the official website of BBPS. Next, The user needs to enter his valid personal details like name, address, email, mobile number and ID proof, etc. After submission of the details, the user will get a customer ID that can be used to do any transaction in the future with Bharat bill Payment system . If under any circumstance, the transaction of the user could not get completed, then the amount will be refunded to the customer within 2-3 working days via the same mode that the user has used while making the payment for the transaction.