Umang app also known as Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance, provides a unified platform for all Indian citizens to avail various Central and State government services. The app can be used by people all over India to access 327 Government services and 73 applications in 17 states. The app supports 13 Indian languages including Hindi and English.
Umang app was launched by the Government of India with the main objective of speeding up the process of embracing digital payment transactions and fast-track mobile governance in India. The app can be downloaded for free of cost on any Android, iOS and Windows mobile phone.
Features of Umang App:
- Seamless integration:
With the Umang app, consumers can enjoy seamless integration with all the popular customer centric services including Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov etc and can also book an appointment with various service providers.
- Easy access:
The aim of the app is to facilitate ease of access to the citizens by giving them an avenue to use major Government services from a single mobile app.
- Customer service:
The team of Umang app is very dedicated and supportive that addresses all the queries and resolves all the issues that a user may have. The support team is available on all days of the week from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- Single app for all services:
Through the Umang app, users are able to access multiple services on a single platform using a range of different channels which saves a lot of time in searching things on the various websites.
How to use Umang App?
To use Umang app, all that a user needs to do is to download the app and register using sign up or log in with the valid credentials. A user can also link his Aadhaar number and other social media accounts with the app to browse through various services and categories on the app.
Various services Available On Umang App:
Some of the important and useful services available on the Umang app include:
- eRahi: the eRahi service on Umang app helps to ease our highway travel by providing us information about the toll plazas, best routes, various facilities and public utilities on the route.
- LPG services: The Umang app can be used to enjoy hassle-free Bharat Gas Booking through the phone easily and instantly, ask for refills, subsidies, surrender connections, ask for mechanic services, etc.
- New PAN Card: Users who have not applied for a PAN Card before can apply on the Umang App in a very short process. The user just needs to click on My PAN option on the app and open the form New PAN Card 49A, fill the valid details and submit the details.
- Employee’s Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) services: Umang app allows users to access various EPFO services and to apply for claims and track their status from anywhere and anytime.
- Kisan Suvidha: Kisan Suvidha service makes farmer’s life easy by providing them with important information about agriculture, weather conditions, and other related matters.
- e-Dhara Land Records: Users from Gujrat can view and check their land records for their District, Taluka, and Village using e-Dhara Land Records service.
- Tax payments: The Umang App helps its users to make their payments towards income tax and check the status of their tax application.
- ePathshala: This is an initiative of the government of India and the National Council of Educational Research and Training whereby students and their parents can access various educational resources such as e-books, educational videos, periodicals, and curricular resources anytime and anywhere.
- Swayam Prabha: Swayam Prabha is a group of DTH channels telecasting high-quality educational programmes enabling students to view new, updated and repeated telecasts at the time of their convenience.
- Khoya Paya: Users can help a missing child by registering a complaint about lost children and sighted children using the Umang app.
- e-Raktkosh: finding a blood bank and knowing about the availability of blood group stock and registering for blood donation is now easy and instant process with e-RaktKosh on Umang.
- Parivahan Sewa – Vahan: through this service, users can view and download ‘Registration Certificate’ of their vehicles and can Pay Tax for their commercial vehicles and generate the receipt.
- Pharma Sahi Daam: This service helps the customers to assure that the medicines being purchased by them is within the approved price range.
- Digi Seva: This service allows users to apply for various jobs posted by government organizations and create their profiles for the same purpose using this platform.
Besides these services, Umang App provides access to a number of other useful services that helps users in numerous ways. The app has several services available for the residents of a particular state in India like e-Nagar Palika for the citizens of Madhya Pradesh, eSampark for the people living in Chandigarh and Assam Government Services for people of Assam.