The government has extended due date of filing DIR-3 KYC without any late fee till 15th September. As a part of updating the registry, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs as is conducting KYC of all Directors of all companies annually through DIR-3 KYC form. This form is compulsorily required to be filed by every director who has been allotted a Director Identification Number on or before 31st March of a financial year and whose DIN is in Approved status. It is mandatory for Disqualified directors also. Late filing after 15th September would attract the penalty of RS 5000.
There are no filing Fees for DIR-3 KYC within the due date of the respective financial year, however, if the form is filed after the due date, a fee of Rs.5000 shall be payable and in addition, the DIN of the director will be deactivated with the reason shown as Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC. In future, if the director is looking to re-activate his DIN, the same can be done after paying a late fee of Rs 5000.
Documents required for filing the DIR-3 KYC e-form:
The following documents are required to file DIR 3 KYC e-form. It is necessary to ensure the correctness of all the required documents.
- Digital signature certificate of Director
- Self-attested PAN card;
- Self Attested Aadhar Card or any one of the following: Passport, Election (Voter Identity) Card, Ration Card, Driving License, Electricity bill, Telephone bill.
- If You have a passport, then self-attested passport also;
- Permanent residential address of the individual.
- Unique Mobile No and E-Mail ID and OTP will be required from the same.
- It is mandatory to get the form attested by a practicing company secretary, chartered accountant or cost accountant.
Steps for filing your DIR – 3 KYC form:
Step 1: Download the form from the MCA website.
Step 2: The KYC should have the DIN which should be approved. Once you click the “DIR-3 KYC Form Download, a Zip folder would be downloaded with two PDF. One would be a help PDF and other would be the form.
Step 3: Enter your relevant personal details such as nationality, age, name, address, PAN number, contact details, etc. But the following points should be considered while submitting personal details.
- a) The name and address entered should match with the PAN details
- b) The person should be at least 18 years old to file the application.
- c) The PAN should be verified and the one given in the form should match the one given in the DSC.
- d) Foreign nationals who serve as company directors should select nationality as declared in the passport.
Step 4: Upload all the necessary documents as mentioned above. Before uploading, make sure all the documents are attested by the respective authority.
Step 5: Thoroughly proofread all the details and click on the submit button for submitting the form.
Once the eForm DIR-3 KYC is submitted, the user would get a service request number. Through this SRN, one can check the approval status of the transaction and can use it for future correspondence with the MCA. Also, an email will be received by the applicant regarding the approval of the receipt of the form.
Looking for DIR-ekyc filing help or Digital signature for DIR3-ekyc contact S.kumar @09902977233 or visit www.saidigitalsignature.com