Pradhaan Mantri Awaas Yojna is a housing for all scheme which would be implemented from 2015-2022. Under the scheme different States and Union Territories would offer support to different Urban Local Bodies for various purposes such as :
- Rehabilitation of the existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation
- Credit Linked Subsidy
- Subsidy for the Beneficiary who wants to construct or renovate the individual house
- Affordable Housing in Partnership
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojna
|Economically Weaker Section||Annual Household income less than 3 lakhs under the EWS category. Relevant Proof is required to back the claim|
|Light Income Group||Annual Household Income ranging between Rs 3 lakh and 6 Lakh. Relevant Proof Required|
|Medium Income Group (1)||Annual household Income below 12 lakhs. Can avail the loan up to Nine lakhs for the construction|
|Medium Income Group (2)||Annual household Income between Rs 12 to 18 lakhs. Eligible for loan up to 12 lakhs|
|Minorities||SC/ST/OBC. Need to provide relevant caste and income certificate|
|Women||Women belonging to EWS/LIG categories to be considered under the PMAY scheme|
Eligibility Criteria to avail Subsidy for PMAY
Various leading banks in the country have been authorized by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation to provide loans for construction under PMAY. The banks will have to offer the loans at a comparatively lower rate as the government pays the rest on behalf of the applicant. The eligibility to apply for the Subsidy under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna is as follows:
- In the case of married couple, either single or joint ownership deal is allowed for subsidy. Also, under both the options there would be just one subsidy.
- The applicant who is applying for the benefit under PMAY should not have availed the benefit of any housing-related schemes set up by the Government of India.
Not just populist but the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojna is also a progressive thought towards helping millions of urban poor in the country so that every one of them owns a house.
Procedure to Apply
- Log on to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana official website at https://pmaymis.gov.in/
- Select the benefits under the three components under the Citizen assessment drop down.
- Fill in the correct details as per Aadhaar (System will verify the details entered with UIDAI- Aadhaar Data)
Click the tab” Update Details” on the previous screen and the request would be submitted to the employer for approval thereof. If the employee wants to withdraw the request, he can do so by pressing “Delete Request”
- Once this is done, choose the ‘Save’ option and enter the Captcha code.
- Then, click on the ‘Save’ button. The application is now complete, and a printout can be taken at this stage.
How to Book Flat Under PMAY?
Step 1- Book a flat and apply for housing Loan
Step 2 – Once Bank sanctions the loan, registration of the agreement will be done
Step 3- Housing Finance company or the bank would submit the claim of the subsidy to National Housing Bank/HUDCO
Step 4- National Housing Board would transfer the amount to the Bank
Step 5- Bank would transfer that amount to the loan account of the individual
Step 6- The subsidy amount received is deducted from the Loan and the reduced EMI is set