How to Submit Self-certification for PRAN under NPS?
Earlier one need to send hard copy of self certification under NPS plan and failure to submit may lead to
A Press Release dated 11 April 2017 was issued by Ministry of Finance wherein it was stated that in the event of non-receipt of self-certification form by 30 April 2017, the account(s) should be blocked and the transactions by the account holder in such blocked accounts would be effected once the duly filled self-certification is obtained. later same has been holded till further new order which is given below.
As per the latest instruction received from PFRDA/NPS Trust, PRAN would not be blocked on account of non-submission of FATCA Self-Certification. PFRDA / NPS Trust will issue revised guidelines on FATCA shortly.
You can now log in to your NPS account and submit FATCA Self-Certification for your PRAN. You are requested to provide the FATCA Self-certification for enabling immediate updation of your records towards FATCA/CRS compliance.
Please follow the steps given below for online Self-Certification:
- Log in to your NPS account (please visit www.cra-nsdl.com)
- Click on sub menu “FATCA Self-Certification” under the main menu “Transaction”
- Submit the required details under “FATCA/CRS Declaration Form”
- Click on “Submit”
- You are requested to read and tick “Declaration & Authorization by all customers”
- Click on “Confirm”
- Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number from “NPSCRA”
- After Authentication through OTP, Acknowledgment for the completion of FATCA Self-certification will be displayed.
Kindly note, you are required to submit physical FATCA Self-certification form to your Nodal Office or CRA if your Birth Place, Citizenship and Residence for the Tax Purposes is other than India or you are US citizen.
Once you login Click on option FATCA Self-Certification
After that you will see following screen: