All foreign nationals need to posses a valid International travel document – national Passport and a valid visa obtained from the an Indian Mission or Post abroad. Those Individuals who are looking to apply for the Visa can do so online. For this you need to
- Submit a duly signed physical copy of the application form completed to the Indian Visa Application Center or directly to Indian Mission/ Post, on the scheduled date of interview
- Attach the supporting documents
- For online filling of the form, open the site in Mozilla Firefox,Google Chrome,Internet Explorer (Windows) version 9.0 and above.
- You should have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher installed in order to download and print the completed application form.
- Use either an Ink-Jet or Laser printer to print the completed Visa Application forms once submitted online.
- Once the form is filled and submitted, it is requested to submit the signed physical copy of online application form along with the supporting documents and the passport to the concerned Indian Mission on the scheduled appointment date.
- Applicant shall access the Visa Application system online through the following link: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in
- Select the Indian Mission from where you intend to apply for the Visa from the tab “Select Mission”
- Applicant fills the application on-line as per the forms standardized by the Ministry
- Post filling the form and submitting it , the system shall automatically generate a Application Id. Applicants are requested to keep this Application Id for any communication in future with the concerned Indian Mission.
- The prompt will appear: “Select ‘Yes’ if the applicant want to seek appointment and make payment online or ‘No’ if the applicant just want to print the submitted application form.”
- If “No” is selected, then it is requested by the applicant to take the print out of the submitted online application form and approach the concerned Indian Mission for submission of the online form along with supporting documents.
- If the response is “Yes”, then the system will open the link to perform the following function
- Date and Time of appointment to be selected
- Calculation of Visa fee, service charge, VAT etc as applicable according to the Visa Type
- ePayment using service provider’s payment system
- In case the facility of Appointment Scheduling and e-Payment is not available for the concerned Indian mission, then applicant has to take the printout of the online application form and visit the concerned Indian Mission to submit the same along with supporting documents and make the payment.
Time of Processing
Upon receipt of the Visa Application through Indian Visa Application Center or directly, the Indian Mission/ Post requires a minimum of three working days to process the case and issue a visa depending upon the nationality and excluding special cases.
Refer this link: