Aadhaar Payment App Download from Google Play and Payment Process:
Aadhaar Payment App has been launched by the Government to give a push to cashless economy. The new app will minimize the use of plastic cards and the PoS machines. Customers will not be required to give fee for the service providers such as various card companies. Payment fee has been one of the hurdles for the merchants to accept digital payments in suburban areas and remote villages.
Merchants will have to download Aadhaar cashless merchant app on their smartphones and connect it to the biometric reader. At present, biometric reader is available for Rs 2000. Customers can do the transaction by punching in their Aadhaar number into the app, select the bank through which the transaction will go through and then biometric scan will be used to authenticate the transaction. An Individual can use the app to do transaction with phone. The app has been developed by IDFC bank in collaboration with UIDAI and National Payments Corporation of India. The technology was approved by the Finance minister as well as technology minister of the country.
The app will connect more people even than other payment apps as credit or debit card will not be needed to do the transaction.
How to Install?
- Merchants should visit Google Play Store on their Android Phones and search for Aadhaar payment App
- Before downloading the app, they will need to check the box and agree with all the terms and the conditions
- Click on the “Download” button
- After the application is downloaded, follow the instruction to install the app on your smartphone.
Installing Biometric reader
After the merchants have downloaded the Aadhaar based app, they will need to integrate their smartphones with the biometric reader. As a merchant, you will need to feed your own Aadhaar card and bank account details. The steps for integrating the app are as follows:-
- After, downloading the Aadhar Payment app, you will need a biometric machine
- Feed in all the details of the biometric machine in the Payment app that you have downloaded on your phone
- Details such as bank account number might be asked to be entered in the payment app
- After, you have entered all the details in the payment app, the system can be used to accept payments.
Payment process using Aadhaar App
Payment is simple using the Aadhaar Payment app and requires the following
- Customer should type the Customer Aadhaar Card Number (UIDAI) in the Aadhaar field
- Thereafter, a prompt will come and ask you to select the bank through which you want to Make the payment
- Fingerprint will be required in the biometric sensor which will be used as the password
- Once, the customer puts in the aadhaar number, the app will show the bank account linked with the Aadhaar number . The customer just need to enter the details and make the payment.
For making payment through the Aadhaar app, customers will not require any app or password. However, the bank account should be linked with the Aadhaar app.