Withdrawal of Legal Tender Character of existing ₹ 500/- and ₹ 1000/- Bank Notes – Revision in limits:
- The limit for exchange of Specified Bank Notes, over the counter has been increased from the existing ₹ 4000/- to ₹ 4500.
- The daily limit on withdrawal from ATMs has been increased from the existing ₹ 2000/- to ₹ 2500/- per day in the recalibrated ATMs, other ATMs will continue to dispense ₹ 50 and ₹ 100 bank notes until they are re-calibrated.
- The weekly limit of ₹ 20000/- for withdrawal from bank accounts has been increased to ₹ 24000 and the daily limit of ₹ 10000/- per day stands withdrawn.
2. The last date for submission of the annual life certificate for the government pensioners which is to be submitted in November every year has been extended upto January 15, 2017.
3. Banks are advised to make arrangements for separate queues for Senior citizens and Divyang (disabled) persons. Similarly, separate queues should also be arranged for those who come to exchange SBN for cash and those who come to deposit into bank accounts.
4. Banks are advised to increase the Business Correspondents’ limit of dispensing cash to ₹ 2500/- for withdrawal from bank accounts.