GoDaddy over charging for renewals ?:
Most of the time Domain providers advertise to get the domain for Rs.99 or Just of $1 but don’t assume same price will continue. Once you sign-up in case of annual renewal they will be charging more than normal market rate for which you will be bound to pay. but it is not mandatory for you stick to the same domain provider.
You can do Domain transfer using which you can switch from one domain provider to another best domain provider. but you need to check their future domain renewal charges.
The domain transfer process is very simple and doesn’t require any high end technical knowledge. You can initiate transfer process from new domain registrar.
Namecheap,Hover,Gandi,Dreamhost etc… seems to be best domain registrar who can be trusted for long time.
Now GoDaddy has stopped all promo-code for renewals which means you have to pay what Godaddy decides on renewals. Other providers charges $10 where as it will be $14 to $16 in Godaddy.
1. Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer
To make sure your domain name can be transferred, log in to your current registrar and check the following:
• The initial registration of the domain name was at least 60 days ago
• The domain has been with your current registrar for at least 60 days.
• The domain name is not on hold with your current registrar
2. Prepare your domain for transfer:
• Disable Whois privacy protection tool or Private Registration for your domain
• Verify you have access to the email within the domain’s WHOIS Administrative contact
• Unlock your domain – remove the registrar lock you may have set for added security
• Obtain the EPP code (transfer authorization code) from the current registrar