Auto wale first began services in Pune,before moving to Bangalore.It was set up by Mukesh Jha and Janardan Prasad,two IIT-Kanpur alumni who were hassled by errant auto rickshaw drivers in Pune.
Over 100 auto rickshaws are attached to the online service,which covers Jayanagar,JP Nagar,Koramangala,HSR Layout,Hosur,Domlur,Whitefield,MG Road,Shivajinagar,Majestic and surrounding areas.Trips are available to bus and railway stations and for children heading to and from schools.
Call the Autowale service by dialing (020) 66-111-111 if you’re booking in Pune or 8050-66-1111 for Bangalore
- A customer representative will pick up and ask for your booking details
- Mention where you would like to go, where you would like to be picked up from along with the date and time
- The customer representative will confirm availability within the area and time
- Autowale will then use location tracking to find an auto-rickshaw within your area and transmit the trip details to the driver
- You will receive an SMS confirmation of your trip booking
- At the time specified the rickshaw will arrive at your doorstep or location specified
- The meter will be started at your pick up point
- On arrival at the destination, the meter will be stopped
- The fare will be calculated based on the meter reading and the standard RTA approved fare card
- The driver will collect the fare