Non Immigrant Visa Interview Waiver Eligibility Checklist: Please review this information for the requirements of nonimmigrant visa interview waiver eligibility for visa renewal applications submitted at any U.S Consular office in India (Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad or Kolkata)
To determine whether you may be eligible to renew your nonimmigrant visa without appearing for an interview, criteria are as mentioned below
My previous visa was issued in India.
I am applying in the consular district where I want my passport delivered.
I confirm I have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance.
If I am applying for a B1/B2 or C1D visa, my prior visa in the same category expired within the last 48 months or is still valid. or,
If I am applying for a J2, L2, or H4 visa, my prior visa in the same category expired within the last 12 months or is still valid.
2. DS -160 nonimmigrant visa application confirmation sheet.
4. 1 Photograph with white background (2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size. Specifications available on the VFS website.
5. Copy of DS – 2019 for J2 applicants.
6. Copy of I- 797 and primary applicant’s visa copy for H4 and L2 applicants.
7. Copy of joining letter and original CDC for C1D applicants.