12 things to know about e-filing of income tax:
2) As per Income Tax Act, for AY12-13, the maximum exemption limits are:
· Rs. 1.80 lacs for Men below the age of 60,
· Rs. 1.90 lacs for Women, below the age of 60,
· Rs. 2.50 lacs for Senior Citizens, whose age is between 60 years to 80 years,
· Rs. 5.00 lacs for Super Senior Citizens, of the age of 80 years or more,
5) Now ITR e-Filing with Digital Signature is mandatory for Individual, HUF and Firms also to whom Audit provision u/s 44AB is applicable.
7) The processing of e-filed Income Tax return is faster, and taxpayers get their refunds, if due, quickly.
10) Please visit “ITR-V Receipt status” on https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in to check receipt status for your ITR-V at CPC. If not received at CPC, then login to e-filing website, go to ‘My Account’ à ’My Returns’ and download ITR-V, Print it, Sign it and Post it to CPC, Bengaluru by Post.