Who is liable to pay Professional tax? | Which services falls under Professional tax?

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +
Who is liable to pay Professional tax? 
  • Advertising firms/Agencies
  • Agriculturist growing plantation crops as defined in the KAIT Act 1957
  • Astrologers/Palmists/Numerologists
  • Bankers, Banking companies
  • Beauty parlous,Dry cleaners,Interior Decorators
  • Chartered Accountants
  • Companies
  • Co-operative societies
  • Contractors executing works contract
  • Dealers registered or liable to be registrated under KST Act 1957
  • Designed / Landscraping consultants
  • Employers of establishments
  • Engineers, Architects,RCC and Managemeny consultants
  • Estate agents or brokers
  • Film distributors
  • Individuals /Institutions conduting chit fund
  • Insurance ,pigmy and UTI agents
  • Journalist
  • Leagal practioners including solicitors and notaries
  • license holders of distilleries
  • Medical practioners.
  • members of stock exchange
  • Mobile/Internet/E-commerce service providers
  • Money lenders
  • Multi system operators
  • Nursing homes and Hospitals
  • Occupiers of factories
  • Owners of Bars, restaurant
  • Owners of Cinema theaters
  • Owners of Oil pump stations
  • Owners of residential hotels
  • Owners of Transport vehicles
  • Partners of partnership firm
  • Persons running gym and clubs
  • Persons owning marriage halls/kalyana mantaps
  • Person owning / running placed providing massage/sauna/health/beauty improvement services
  • Persons engaged in maintenance or running of vehicle parking areas
  • Persons running educational institutions and tut ions
  • Persons running IT call centers
  • Persons providing cable service
  • Persons operating city taxi service
  • Persons operating Air-taxi services and helicopter services
  • Person owning computers and Driving institutes
  • Persons paying Income tax.
  • Persons owning STD/Fax Booths
  • Persons running weigh bridge services
  • Photo studios
  • Placement services
  • Property developers
  • Persons running security services
  • Persons providing Bill Boards

How to register for Professional tax online?

Log on to  http://ctax.kar.nic.in   
click on e-prerana
click on Enrolment application
First timers click on new


About Author

Knowinfonow.com is a trusted financial blog with over 23 years of expertise, dedicated to offering invaluable insights and resources to tax professionals, taxpayers, and the general public in managing their day-to-day financial activities. We embrace guest authors, enriching our platform with diverse perspectives and expertise in relevant subjects.

Leave A Reply