A Bill to provide for guarantee of services to citizens in the State of Karnataka within the stipulated time limit and for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto. Whereas, it is expedient to provide for guarantee of services to citizens in the State of Karnataka within the stipulated time limit and for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto.
Right to obtain service within stipulated time limit.-
(1) Every citizen shall have right to obtain citizen related services in the State in accordance with this Act within the stipulated time specified in the Schedule.
(2) Every designated officer and his subordinate public servant of the Public Authority shall provide the citizen related services specified in the Schedule to the citizens eligible to obtain the service, within the stipulated time and also display the same on the notice board of their offices
Monitoring the status of the application.-
(1) Every citizen having applied for any citizen related services shall be provided an application number by the concerned Public Authority, or local Authority, as the case may be, and shall be entitled to obtain and monitor status of his application online in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed.
(2) Every public authority or local Authority, as the case may be, shall maintain status of all applications governing citizen related services online and shall be duty bound to update the status of the same as per the procedure as prescribed by rules in this regard.
E-governance of services through mutual understanding.-
The Government shall endeavor and encourage all the public Authorities, departments and local Authorities to enter by mutual understanding to deliver their respective citizen related services in a stipulated time or period as part of e-governance
Payment of compensatory cost to the citizen.-
Citizen having applied for such services shall be entitled to seek compensatory cost in accordance with the provisions of this Act and rules made thereunder, in case of delay or default in the delivery of such services beyond the stipulated time.
Liability to pay compensatory cost.-
Every designated officer or his subordinate public servant who fails to deliver the citizen related services to a citizen within the stipulated time shall be liable to pay compensatory cost at the rate of twenty rupees per day for the period of delay subject to maximum of five hundred rupees per application, in aggregate, if there is no ban or restriction from the Government to provide the same.
The service also updates you on the progress of applicants service request through an SMS to the mobile number specified in the application.Currently,151 services like issuance of birth,death certificates,khata,land conversion certificate and ration card are covered.
2. EDUCATION DEPARTMENT http://schooleducation.kar.nic.in
3.FOOD AND CIVIL SUPPLIES http://ahara.kar.nic.in
4. HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE http://karhfw.gov.in
5. HOME DEPARTMENT http://home.kar.nic.in
6. LABOUR DEPARTMENT http://labour.kar.nic.in
7. REVENUE DEPARTMENT
8. RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND PANCHAYAT RAJ http://panchatantra.kar.nic.in
9. TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT http://rto.kar.nic.in
11. WOMEN AND CHILD WELFARE http://dwcd.kar.nic.in