Lost my Visa what to do? | Lost my Passport what to do? | How to get duplicate visa?

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +
How to get duplicate visa?:
If you happen to lost your passport which has visa stamping you must report this incidence to the respective police station and take copy of acknowledgment from police station. This is mandatory when you apply for duplicate visa copy or new passport.
To report your visa lost or stolen, fax the Consular Section or Consul General at the Embassy abroad which issued your visa. Go to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website to locate the fax number and contact information. Be sure to include your full name, date of birth, place of birth, address in the U.S., and an e-mail address (if available). Specifically state whether the visa was lost or stolen. If you have a copy of the passport or visa, fax this to the Embassy or consular section. Otherwise, if known, report the category of visa, and the passport number from the lost/stolen visa.
If you have already reported your visa lost/stolen to the U.S. Embassy abroad, and then you later find your misplaced visa, please note that the visas will be invalid for future travel to the U.S., and you must apply in person at the Embassy or Consulate abroad for a new visa.
Go to the local police station and report your document(s) lost or stolen. If available, you will need to provide copies of the original documents. You will be issued a police report detailing the incident. Don’t forget to make an extra copy of the report for your own records.
As a best practice keep photo copy of passport and visa in safe place which will help you getting duplicate visa and passport.

About Author

Knowinfonow.com is a trusted financial blog with over 23 years of expertise, dedicated to offering invaluable insights and resources to tax professionals, taxpayers, and the general public in managing their day-to-day financial activities. We embrace guest authors, enriching our platform with diverse perspectives and expertise in relevant subjects.

Leave A Reply