1. The Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of Tatkal scheme is reduced from two days to one day excluding the day of journey from the train originating station. For example, if train is to depart from the originating station on the second of the month, the Tatkal quota booking for that particular train will open at 08:00 hrs on the first of the month from originating station.
2. For booking Tatkal e-tickets, each of the passengers (mandatory for at least one passenger) can enter his/her ID proof type and number against his/her name in reservation form, which is to be used for travel. These details will be printed on the ERS/VRM as well as in the reservation chart.
3.During the journey, at least one passenger, whose identity card number has been indicated on the ticket, will have to produce original proof of identity indicated on the ticket, failing which all the passengers booked on the ticket shall be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly.
4. Maximum of four passengers per PNR can be booked on Tatkal e-tickets.
5. No refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal ticket except in case of circumstance mentioned in para 2 of instructions contained in Commercial Circular no. 53 of 2006 issued vide letter no. 2006/TGI-I/20/P/Tatkal, dated 30.06.2006.
6. Partial cancellation of Tatkal e-tickets is allowed but at least one passenger with ID card printed on ERS/VRM should not be cancelled. On cancellation of all the passengers whose ID card details is printed on ERS/VRM, all the passengers on that e-ticket will be cancelled.
7. Authorized ID – The personal Photo Identification card falling in any of these nine categories
• Voter Identification Card
• Driving License
• PAN Card
• Photo ID card issued by Central Government or State Government which are having serial number
• Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students
• Nationalized Bank Passbook with photograph
• Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
• Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar” For Non-Indians, their Country’s Passport will constitute sole authorized ID
8. Ration card will be accepted as proof of identity for undertaking journey under Tatkal scheme only if the passenger whose photograph is available on the ration card is travelling.