Guidelines on Rain Water Harvesting
Rainwater harvesting is an age old practice becoming popular due to the
realization of the potential of the rain water and due to the increased demand
for fresh water.
Rainwater is pure and soft. It has a nearly neutral pH and is free from disinfection, by-products, salts, minerals, and other natural and man-made
Though, the practice of Rooftop water harvesting is an age-old one,systematic collection and storage of water to meet the domestic water needs of the family is thought of recently. The cheaper and cost effective rain water harvesting components, readily available know-how on systematic and economic methods of construction will encourage the user to adopt this practice. There is also a need for creation of awareness and development of simple techniques to popularise roof water harvesting as a potential alternative source of fresh water.
2. The harvested water is available where it is required as such there is no distribution cost.
3. Rainwater provides a fresh water source where groundwater quality is poor and can be used for recharging the aquifer.
4. The zero hardness of rainwater helps prevent scale on appliances, extending their use. Rainwater eliminates the need for a water softener.
5. Rainwater is sodium-free and good for persons on low-sodium diets.
6. Rainwater harvesting reduces flow to storm water drains, mitigates Urban flooding and also reduces non- point source pollution of surface and ground water.
7. Rainwater harvesting helps to manage the summer demand peak Through ground water banking.
8. Rainwater harvesting reduces water bill.
• Treatment/purification: filters and other methods
Whom to contact for Rain water harvesting?
24 Hrs Hotline No.22238888
|:: Whom to Contact|
Flats in Bangalore have found one of finest offerings in Welworth city Bangalore.The wonderful residential project has nice mix of 2BHK and 3BHK apartments in Bangalore.World-class amenities with the company of lush greeney make the apartment a prime choice of anyone who wishes for a residential property in Bangalore.
Thank you very much for writing this blog. It was very easy to understand. That was a very good blog.
flats in Bangalore