5. Enter Consumer Name – Consumer name mentioned in the LPG Card or bill has to be entered here.
6. Enter Mobile Number – If the Consumer has mobile phone, he/she can enter the mobile phone number so that in future the transaction details for issue of LPG etc. can be informed by the department by sending SMS.
7. Enter Aadhaar Number – If the consumer has enrolled under Central UID Scheme and got the Aadhaar Number, he/she can enter the number.
8. Enter Ration Card Number – If the consumer has a Ration Card, the number mentioned in the ration card, issued by the Food and Civil Supplies department, has to be entered. Here, only alphabets and numerals are allowed. If the consumer does not have a ration card, no entry need be made-the space should be left blank.
9. Select the District of stay – Consumer has to select the district where his/her house is located.
10. Select the Taluk of stay – Consumer has to select the taluk where his/her house is located.
11. Enter the Location Code – Consumers of Bangalore and Tumkur districts are required to enter the Location Code as mentioned in Electricity Bill of BESCOM. It is 7 digits number provided in the Electricity Bill.
13. Uploading of scanned documents –
Electricity Bill – The consumer has to upload the scanned documents of the Electricity Bill compulsorily.
LPG Bill- Consumer can also provide the scanned copy of LPG Bill, supplied by his/her/agency.
Ration Card – Consumer has to upload the scanned copy of Ration Card, if he has entered
the Ration Card number.
TIPS for uploading the scanned documents:
The scanned document size should not exceed 200 KB. So, if the electricity bill is too large fold the lower portion so0 that only the upper portion is visible
The scanned document should be either a .pdf file or .jpeg file type.
The document can be scanned with lower resolution in black and white mode so that the size does not exceed 200 KB.
14. Security Check Key – Consumer has to enter the displayed security key on the same screen.