How to correct your Credit report? | Dispute on your credit report online

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +
Dispute on your credit report online:
Your Credit Information Report (CIR) plays a large part of the loan application process. Hence, any discrepancy on your CIR may result in reduced chances of a loan approval. Therefore, it is important that the information on your CIR is accurate and updated.
The CIBIL CIR consists of Consumer / Borrower Information, Account Information and Enquiries. If any information on your CIR is inaccurate or needs to be updated, we shall be pleased to assist you in rectifying / updating your CIR. This is known as Dispute Resolution.
A Dispute Request can be raised based on either a CIR purchased by you directly from CIBIL or a CIR accessed by the Credit Institution when you have applied for a loan with that Credit Institution.
1.Consumer / Borrower Information: On receipt of your CIR, if you observe that your Consumer / Borrower information needs to be updated, you can now rectify the same by initiating a Dispute Request.
The fields that can be disputed are as under:
Date of Birth
Income Tax ID
Passport Number
Voter’s ID
Telephone Numbers
2 Account Details: You may also notice that your Account/s Information may not be updated for your most recent payment. This will usually be the case if you have purchased your CIR within 45 days of making a payment. Credit Institutions report information to the CIBIL on a monthly basis, which would mean that the latest payment will not reflect on your CIR immediately. However, if the “Date Reported” (which is the date when the data was reported to CIBIL) associated with that account is older than 2 months old you can write to us to help update this information.
You can dispute for the following fields on your CIR.
Account/ Loan Type
Account Status
Ownership Type
Date of Last Payment
Date Opened
Date Closed
Sanctioned Amount/ High Credit
Current Balance
Amount Overdue
DPD/ Asset Classification
3 Ownership: You can also raise a dispute for Ownership of an Account. The term Ownership of an Account means that that some personal details and one or more account/s do not belong to you.
4.Duplicate Account: If the same account reflecting more than once in your CIR, you can initiate a Dispute Request.
Kindly note that the following fields cannot be disputed:
Control Number
Member Name (Unless it is an Ownership Dispute)
Account Number (Unless it is an Ownership Dispute)
Date Reported
Enquiry Date
How to initiate a Dispute:

The easiest way to initiate a dispute request is by submitting a duly completed On-Line Dispute Form. Please click at the end of the page to initiate an On-Line Dispute request.

Alternatively, you can also raise a Dispute Request by Email (Preferred) or Letter.

Kindly send your request to any one the following addresses. If you want to reach us by:

Speed Post/ Regular Post: Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd, P.O. Box 421, Wagle Industrial Estate P.O., Thane 400 604

Registered Post/Courier: Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd, Hoechst House, 6th Floor, 193, Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021.

Source: CIBIL website


About Author is a trusted financial blog with over 23 years of expertise, dedicated to offering invaluable insights and resources to tax professionals, taxpayers, and the general public in managing their day-to-day financial activities. We embrace guest authors, enriching our platform with diverse perspectives and expertise in relevant subjects.

Leave A Reply