In continuation with my earlier posting on RR Number copy for Gas connections these are the some of the FAQ’s as published in the department’s website which clarified many of our reader’s doubts and questions.
1. I am staying in a rented house, so electric bill is not in my name. Which RR # should I submit ?
2. I am staying in one of the rented house of the same owner who rented few more houses and all houses have a common single electric meter, should I give the same meter number ?
Yes. All consumers have to provide same RR# of the meter.
3. My electricity bill is not in my name should I give the same number ?
Yes. Give the RR# of the electric meter which supplies eletricity to your house.
4. I have more than one meter in my own house which number is to be submitted ?
The number of the meter through which you are getting domestic electricity to your house should be submitted
5. Along with meter RR# what else I should enter ?
You should compulsarily enter “ area code ” a seven digit number mentioned in your electricity bill.
6. The LPG connection which we use is not in my name, whose name I should enter ?
You should enter the consumer name which is mentioned in your LPG consumer book or bill.
7. The LPG connection which we use is not in my name? example it is in my brother/ sister/ etc who is not staying here with us.
Mention the same consumer name as mentioned in the LPG consumer book along with the consumer number.
8. I have two LPG connections, what should I do?
Declare both connections separately one after the other and give same RR# and ration card number for every entry.
9. My LPG is in my wife’s name, and my electricity bill is in my building owner’s name as I am in a rented house, what shall I do ?
Enter the RR# number of your house and your wife’ name as consumer name.
10. I have an extra LPG connection but I am not using it frequently should I declare it ?
Yes, declare it separately along with your same RR# and ration card number.
11. I do not have a ration card what should I do ?
Enter ‘nil’ in the ration card number column and continue with the RR# only.
12. My ration card is an old and not renewed, should I enter it ?
Yes, enter the number of your family ration card even if it is not renewed or even if its address is changed, or the name of the head of the family is changed.
13. I have a temporary ration card, should I enter the same ?
Yes, if you are having any kind of card like APL, BPL, temporary, honorary or book type card you should declare its number compulsorily.
14. My ration card is in my earlier address where as now I am staying in a new location what should I do ?
Enter the same ration card number but enter the RR# of the present house where you are staying now.
15.What to do if the computer system says that my consumer number does not exist in Oil Company Master?
Please don’t worry. Yours may be a new connection or transferred from one place/distributor to other one. Please upload your details on the web-site. On the screen you may get the message “suspended” or “you have not uploaded all the details”. The department is collecting latest consumer details from the Oil Company. Then this message will disappear. Please bear with us.
16.I am not able to upload the ESCOM bill or LPG bill?
Please check the size of the scanned file and file type. It should be less than 200 KB of pdf or jpeg file type. If the file size is more, you can reduce it with lower resolution of scanning or folding the electricity bill to show only the top portion.
17.I am not able to get my distributor name in the web-site?
If you have wrongly clicked the oil company name or district name, you may not get the distributor name. So, please check the correctness of the oil company name and district you have selected. You should select the district in which your distributor’s office is located.
18.After uploading the details, will my LPG connection restored?
Yes, if the connection is found lawful. The uploaded details will be verified on the system by the department, to ensure that it is lawful. This process takes 3-4 days after you upload your documents.
19.Why my LPG connection is being shown as “suspended”?
Your LPG Connection would have been shown as “suspended” may be because your Electricity meter RR number given along with your LPG Consumer number might not have been entered along with for your consumer number or may not exist in the RR Master of ESCOM or it may be a Commercial/industrial type.
20.What should I do if my LPG connection is being shown as suspended?
If the system says your consumer number is suspended, please see the reason and check the RR number. If there is no RR number or the RR number is wrong, you may have to upload the particulars into the web-site for further processing and acceptance by the department. If the number is not in the ESCOM RR master, then please wait for a few days. Such cases are taken up with the ESCOMs
21.Why my LPG connection is being shown as “under verification”?
In case of problem, please contact toll free no. 1800-425-9339