1. Login to the Commercial Tax Department web-site http://vat.kar.nic.in, using the username and password.
2. If you are not having username and password to login to this website, contact your LVO/VSO, who will provide username and password immediately.
3. In case of the first time login, the system will show some informative screens and ask user to enter his choice of username and password. Please note down the username and password entered by you for your further logins. The system asks you to enter your contact information.
4. Please change your password as often as possible and keep it safe and secure and do not share it with anyone.
5. VAT 100 return form is enabled for VAT dealers and VAT 120 return form is enabled for COT dealers. The dealer can also enter the Entry Tax return, as applicable.
6. In the main page of VAT Online system, you can see the following options for VAT 100/120 Returns / Entry Tax Returns :
? New Entry – To enter the VAT 100/120/Entry Tax Return for the selected period
? Payment Details– To enter the Payment details for the already saved return.
? Verify and Submit – To Verify and Submit the VAT 100/120 Return, if it has not been submitted.
? Print Return – To take a printout of the Return and e-challan.
7. Now, select the New Entry option in VAT 100/120 menu.
10. To edit the details of the already entered return, select the edit option from the list displayed below ‘New entry’ option.
11. The option Payment details can be used by the dealer to enter the payment details for the selected Return. The dealer can make the payment by Cash, Cheque, DD, Challan or by E-Payment. For Cheque, DD, Challan, the dealer has to enter the Number, Amount and Date. For Cash, only the amount can be entered. For e-Payment, the dealer must first make the payment in the website https://vat.kar.nic.in/epay and note the CTD’s return reference number(RRN) and enter this number in the payment details option. The dealer has also got option to enter combination of payment details of different modes mentioned above for the return of the selected period.
12. Use “Verify and Submit” option to submit the Return VAT 100/120 after which no changes can be effected. Here, system will match the total amount in Payment head with the total amount of Tax Payable head (Demand) for that return. If the payment is less than the demand, it will not allow you to submit the return.
13. Now click on Print Return button and enter the Period to see the VAT 100/120 form on the screen. You can take a print out by clicking Print option at File menu of the Internet Explorer option.
14. The Return Ref. No. will be printed on top left corner with other details in the VAT 100/120 form.
15. Dealer can also update or delete the transaction before submitting the form.
16. Dealer can take a copy of the VAT 100/120 form for reference before submitting also.
19. The same procedure holds good for the Entry Tax return also.