I here with providing detailed information as to who has to enroll under Professional tax and those who have already enrolled which are the forms to be filed and maintained.
Who have to enroll for Professional tax?
• All employers who are paying salary of Rs.10000.00 and above per month for each employees have to enroll within 30 days from the commencement of the payment of salary liable to pay profession tax, deduct and pay tax in respect of such employees every month.
Following are the persons liable to pay Annual tax up to maximum of Rs.2500.00 PA on professions, trades, callings and employments:
1. Salary/wage earners whose salary is Rs.10000.00 and above PM
2. Legal practioners including solicitors and notaries public
3. Tehcnical / professional /Tax /plumbing consultants.
4. All agents’ surveyors or UTI agents whose income is not less than Rs.36000.00 PA
5. Chartered accountants and Actuaries.
6. Medical practioners, Dentists, Radiologists, pathologists and para medial professionals.
7. Engineers, RCC consultants, Architects and Management consultants.
8. Members of stock exchanges.
9. Estate agents or Brokers.
10. Race horse owners, trainers
11. Film directors/distributors
12. Dealers registered under KST act 1957.
13. Employers of establishments defined under Karnataka shops and establishment act.
14. Licenced liquor dealers
15. Owners of Residential hotels or lodgings houses
16. Owners of cinema theatres, touring talkies, video parlors, MSO’s Dish antennas
17. Owners of Transport vehicles.
18. Money lenders licensed under KML act.
19. Individuals / instinututions conducting chit funds.
20. Co-operative societies registered under KCS Act.
21 Banking companies defined in the Banking regulation act.
22. Companies registered under Companies Act 1956.
23. Partners of a firms engaged in any profession, trade or calling
24. Photo/film processing labs
25. Nursing homes, hospitals
26. Beauty parlors, drycleaners, interior decorators
27. All travel agents.
29. Advertizing agencies
30. Xerox centers, STD/ISD booths
31. Video cassette libraries.
32. Owners of kalyan mantaps.
33. Cinematograph film processors.
34. Transport contractors forwarding / clearing agents.
35. Bankers who are financing the trade against hundies
36. Persons running weigh Bridges.
37. Persons operating couriers services.
38. Persons operating wireless/pager services.
39. Persons engaged in placement services.
40. Private radio broadcasters and operators.
41. Yoga and reiki training centers.
42. Astrologers, astropalmist, numerologist and faith healers
43. Brokers, commission Agents and the like for purchase and sale of used vehicles.
44. Agents, consultants of any business enterprises.
45. Persons other than above, who are engaged in any profession, trade, calling or employment and who are paying tax under Income Tax act. 1961.
Failure to enroll or register within due date attracts penalty.
All registered employers are informed to file Annual return in form 5 for the financial year 2009-10 on or before 30th May 2010
Information obtained from Commercial tax advertisement.